Saturday, March 3, 2012

Blessed transfer week.

This week has been a rather exciting week indeed.  Granted those of you who are reading this may not agree because you don't get very many good stories out of it but rather it is just busy... So you wont here much about it other then that but my hopes are that I will at least be able to get a few good tales down this time around.  I just had to ramble on for this first paragraph in order to motivate myself to continue one... which is why most of my first paragraphs don't make much sense :P


So the week starts off with the breath before the storm so to say... On Monday we have next to nothing to do which allowed us to take a full p-day which hardly ever happens. Now that I think about it it didn't even really happen again but the work that I had to do was rather exciting work. I got to go pick up 2 brand spanking new Chevy Cruizes and take them for a little joy ride while talking to an Elder I haven't talked to for a good long while.  During all this we managed to find some jazz music to play in the background as we dove deeper and deeper into thought.  Such a wonderful blessing jazz music is.  


Tuesday wasn't all that bad.  We ended up splitting up and I went to visit people with a missionary who was going home while my companion took an elder to get an x-ray then we had to take all of the mail that has been on hold since Saturday to the transfer chapel including bikes and zone boxes.  We were able to get it all in one load though thanks to our trusty 12 passenger E350 :) by the time we got home it was time for bed. 


Wednesday was a little more busy but it didn't really seem like it because it started off with taking a missionary to physical therapy and then out to Sorak Garden for a classy lunch.  After that is when the explosion happened and up tell now my comp and I have had no time to just sit and think.  Once we got back from lunch we had to empty the seats out of the van and clean it out for all of the new missionaries luggage because it was raining and we couldn't put them in the truck.  After making it nice and clean we drove to the airport where we met up with the AP's and ate a donut while we waited for there flight to land.  For those of you who go to airports often enough the police there can be rather picky about where you park so, because the AP's like to be there for the new missionaries, my comp and I split up and I got the van and he got a different car and I just sat there listening to music while pondering by myself (pretty odd thing to do as a missionary thats for sure).


Fast forwarding a bit because all of the little details don't matter much but rather that it was full of random stuff that we had to attend but not necessarily do anything for but clean up after.  After transfers happened on Thursday we went to dinner with the departing missionaries.  This meal is one of my favorites for a few reasons.  One being Sister Albright is an amazing cook and goes all out with this meal and the next is in watching all for these missionaries going home you are able to pick up so many characteristics that they have developed over 2 years and you are able to figure out how to apply them to your life.  Its kinda like seeing the answer to the tests  :) woot for cheating.  After the meal they get to have a testimony meeting which is one of the most powerful meetings you could go too.  Two years of trials and lessons learned are shared and that is all the detail I will go into on that one.  When that meeting is all done we go bowling... And this is probably where I will get excited and my sentences will start to make less sense then they already do...


Elder Doyle came in before he left and gave the Pres. a dollar and said this is for the person who wins bowling which just added some motivation for people to do well.  Fast forwarding again... well rewind first.  Last time I went bowling I had E. Crockett teach me how to spin the ball properly so that it comes at the pins from the side and increases your chance of a strike.  I decided I would only bowl that way to  master the skill a little better.  K now fast forwarding.  About half way through the game sister albright decides to throw in $20 if anybody can beat 160... Now you have to understand that in bowling my I rarely break 100 and on my best of days the highest score i got was maybe 115.  So I just kinda shrugged off being able to get above 160 and continued to try and master the walk which is an important part.... Gotta get the strut right or there is no chance you will be good :P Well I'm not sure how to word the next part so i will just put the picture up :)
Im the one on the bottom.  'H'
I look a little odd... thats all good though.

I also had Sister Albright take a picture of me holding up the ball that helped me win the game as well as the dollar bill and the $20(I'll put it up when i get it from her).  One thing that is kinda funny is before we went in to bowl I told E. Bay ( my comp) that if i bowled 150+ i'd buy some bowling shoes... thats how confident i was that I wouldn't break 150 but sure enough it happened.  Now I'm deciding if i should actually follow through with the bowling shoes or not :P 

Well after winning that game I was pretty sure I could do it again but of course I couldn't...I did however still break 100!  103 ha ha.   Now I owe one of the missionaries that went home lunch when I get home in a yearish.  

After bowling we went back to the mission home and I got to bed around 2.  When I say bed I mean the couch in the main room without a blanket or anything and still in my white shirt and suit pants :P I fell asleep waiting for another missionary to grab blankets which he never did so I froze all night.  Then at 5 we woke up and drove them to the air port then went home and crashed in a real bed (with a blanket) and slept and took a nap. 


I keep remember more stuff... sorry.  After the nap we had to distribute the Cruizes to missionaries which meant driving the entire day.  And of course one of the missionaries... Sisters.  gave us a car that had absolutely no gas and they took the gas card as well which left us praying that we could make the 40 min drive to our next drop off point and use that set of sisters gas card. thankfully we made it but it was certainly a close one


Thats the just of what a transfer week looks like with all of the little boring details that we have to do :P rather busy for everyone here in the office but always fun thats for sure.  


I was considering putting some of my ponderings of late but that would make it even longer so I may just save it for a rainy day...


Congratz for making it to the end!


-mat



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers